question for the guys, sweating women while working

Quote:
I keep a stick in the console of my truck for just such emergencies!!
big_smile.png

i work in a factory. It's hot. and it's humid and once it starts to get hot, it stays hot for days. in the factory. it could be nice a cool outside for a couple days and it's still hotter than heck in the factory. I sweat and i sweat bad. i carry deo in my purse. i don't carry my purse everywhere. just into the plant where i work(my girl things are in it and that's all. no money, no wallet.. just girl stuff) i hate when i am under a machine pulling crap out and the backs of my knees are sweating so bad that it's running down my leg. ugh. my undies are stuck to my skin, and when ya go to the bathroom the seat sticks to your butt. and you can't hardly pull your shorts/pants back up. ugh. but my hubby never once complains about me being sweaty. my face gets all red when i get hot. i get comments from co workers.. are you sunburned? i just laugh. no im hot. lol. always hot. sick of the heat. but super glad i have a job
smile.png

Quote:
I have the utmost respect for a hard working woman. I had a landscape company about 25 years ago. A woman came in to put in an application, that had lots of nursery experience, but no landscape construction experience, but I took a chance & hired her anyway. She outworked 2 of the guys I had, so I let them go. I have NEVER regretted hireing this woman, & she works just as hard today as she did back then. We will have our 25th wedding anniversary in January.

Quote:
I have the utmost respect for a hard working woman. I had a landscape company about 25 years ago. A woman came in to put in an application, that had lots of nursery experience, but no landscape construction experience, but I took a chance & hired her anyway. She outworked 2 of the guys I had, so I let them go. I have NEVER regretted hireing this woman, & she works just as hard today as she did back then. We will have our 25th wedding anniversary in January.

How sweet! That pretty much sums up how I won my hubby- only it was as a sous chef in a VERY hot, busy kitchen in a wonderful restaurant he ran.

I think some women really feel determined to surpass their peers so they can be taken seriously, and I know I'm determined to demonstrate work ethic. I am incapable of allowing any man to condescend simply because I have bumps on the front of me, and I'm sure as heck not going to give an excuse to do so. I'm going to work hard enough that a chauvinist will be laughed at if he complains and told to shut up because everyone else values me too much to risk losing me (because I can be a bit reactive).

I don't think anyone cares if a woman works hard enough to sweat if she pulls her weight. If they do, I have no time for their gripes.

Back
Top Bottom