Question For Y'all!

CrazyChickenLady227

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2023
Hey there, I've got a pleco fish and it's become too big for its tank and has become a bit of an issue...

I don't want to release it since its technically now domesticated but I'm not sure what to do with it. I don't want to give it to a pet store because I know some of those places don't take care of the animals.

Any ideas or thoughts on what I should do with it?
P.S I live in Arkansas, in the Lead Hill area. (In case that helps on places to give this fish too.)

Thanking y'all in advance for any and all advice! Have a blessed day where ever you may be! <3

EDIT: Thanks very much, all of you for your advice! Ill take the advice and find a very loving and happy home for my fish, thanks again! :)
*I may not reply or respond to any/all comments or replies right away*

Last edited:
Try posting on Craig’s list etc for someone that wants it for a pond.
We actually had a pleco once that grew to about 9”, we did find a good fish store (NOT Petsmart etc) that took it and then sold it to someone with a pond. It went to a good home, but we were lucky to find that store!

No way should you release it into a waterway!
Check on craigslist, facebook if you do it, and any real aquarium shops somewhere nearby. I've sold fish to our best aquarium store fairly nearby, worked fine for the fish and myself. Chain pet stores are not the solution, although if there's a place to tack a note up there, do it.
Mary

Try posting on Craig’s list etc for someone that wants it for a pond.
We actually had a pleco once that grew to about 9”, we did find a good fish store (NOT Petsmart etc) that took it and then sold it to someone with a pond. It went to a good home, but we were lucky to find that store!
Alright, I'll try that, thanks!

As suggested find a good pet store with aquariums that look kept up, not a chain. Craigslist etc, under no circumstances ever, never release a fish (or any domesticated animal) into the wild. And I’m sure you know this now but do not get another pleco, they grow huge or are severely stunted with health problems when crammed into a small environment. Good luck to you 😊

No way should you release it into a waterway!
Check on craigslist, facebook if you do it, and any real aquarium shops somewhere nearby. I've sold fish to our best aquarium store fairly nearby, worked fine for the fish and myself. Chain pet stores are not the solution, although if there's a place to tack a note up there, do it.
Mary
Agreed. Thanks!

As suggested find a good pet store with aquariums that look kept up, not a chain. Craigslist etc, under no circumstances ever, never release a fish (or any domesticated animal) into the wild. And I’m sure you know this now but do not get another pleco, they grow huge or are severely stunted with health problems when crammed into a small environment. Good luck to you 😊
Thanks! And I agree with never letting any domesticated animal into the wild. 😁

Back
Top Bottom