Question of the Day - Wednesday, January 24th, 2024

Same thing happened to me several years back, but I didn't break anything. I did tear my rotator cuff. Glad it wasn't worse.
Did you have surgery for it? I fell off a chair a few years back and tore mine, had surgery, it was a very painful year healing. Actually I didn't fall, the :duc chair broke.

Did you have surgery for it? I fell off a chair a few years back and tore mine, had surgery, it was a very painful year healing. Actually I didn't fall, the :duc chair broke.
No, I waited a few months and I eventually regained some movement in my arm. I did see a doctor about 2 months in, who said I could do physical therapy to help speed recovery (and also diagnosed it.) I don't have that kind of money so I used canned beans as dumbbells and did some strength training instead. Perhaps not the best move as I still have a reduced range of motion and a strength imbalance between my left and right arms at certain angles.

Last edited:
I'm more annoyed when I get into an accident that wasn't my fault, lol. It's unfortunate that you needed surgery - did it at least heal fully?

FIFY. :p

I put a much higher value on my body now. I'm still an adrenaline junky but I'm smart enough to leave the extreme physical stuff to people in the shape to handle it.
The line between dumb and cool is a thin one.

I am historically often on the wrong side of this line.

Broke my dominant thumb in 6th grade playing dodgeball the last day of gym class. Typing instructor tried to kick me out of his class when he saw the cast on the first day of the new semester.

Have also severely sprained both wrists twice in the last year.

Possibly have had very slight breaks on my dominant elbow (again 2x) and that side of my hip as well. I'd be amazed if I didn't, but it was not serious enough to require the doctor so I just hoped it would be okay
The hip and one of the elbow times were from falling off my horse. She bolted (not her fault, one of the guys riding with us was an AH and wouldn't keep his geldings snout out of my horses personal area) and I fell when she sprang out of a small ditch onto a big rock. Hurt to walk for a month or so and couldn't put weight on it when laying or sitting. Hit my head on the same Rick and had one of those split second black outs. Really glad I had a helmet on. My head probably was the least hurting out of everything.

The hip and one of the elbow times were from falling off my horse. She bolted (not her fault, one of the guys riding with us was an AH and wouldn't keep his geldings snout out of my horses personal area) and I fell when she sprang out of a small ditch onto a big rock. Hurt to walk for a month or so and couldn't put weight on it when laying or sitting
did you smack that moron around?

The hip and one of the elbow times were from falling off my horse. She bolted (not her fault, one of the guys riding with us was an AH and wouldn't keep his geldings snout out of my horses personal area) and I fell when she sprang out of a small ditch onto a big rock. Hurt to walk for a month or so and couldn't put weight on it when laying or sitting. Hit my head on the same Rick and had one of those split second black outs. Really glad I had a helmet on. My head probably was the least hurting out of everything.
I hope that helmet got replaced, pronto. Good thing you had it on.

Back
Top Bottom