Question on Canker & Fish Zole Treatment

I recently had to take metronidazole 500mg for 7 days after I had a back tooth pulled. My gum got infected and the penicillin that the dentist prescribed didnt work. I ended up going to my doctor and got metronidazole which kills anaerobic bacteria, and it worked thankfully. That was an a fun adventure lol.
Sorry for super late reply but how much fishzole powder should be given to chickens I got the 500mg powder packets.

At 6 pounds, she needs 136 mg. Can you give 1/3 to 1/4 a pill a day?
Thing is I don’t have the pills there was none available none in stock and for regular pill prescriptions where needed I got the powder since it was the only thing I could find.

Attachments

• 2A627788-3154-4168-BB19-8ED552873486.png
    2A627788-3154-4168-BB19-8ED552873486.png
    583.1 KB · Views: 0
I havnt found anything on egg withdrawal for metronidazole. People use it against gram negative bacteria. I'd eat the eggs afterwards. However if someone were allergic to it, it would be best to toss the eggs for at least a week.
When mixing copper sulfate in water, do not add more than 1/8 teaspoon to the gallon of water, measurement has to be exact. I'm not sure if it has a withdrawal period.
Where do you purchase copper sulfate? I have called all over. I didn't know if wet fowl pox or canker. It smells so I am assuming canker now. She is an older chicken. 8 years old, Spitz and small. I have her isolated which alone may kill her. Do I treat my whole flock with copper sulfate? Thank you very much.

Where do you purchase copper sulfate? I have called all over. I didn't know if wet fowl pox or canker. It smells so I am assuming canker now. She is an older chicken. 8 years old, Spitz and small. I have her isolated which alone may kill her. Do I treat my whole flock with copper sulfate? Thank you very much.
In addition if canker, she will be a carrier to rest of flock? I will see if my others have it. She's my favorite chicken but she's 8, very small and her keel is thin. I also noticed a lump in the back on her right side of her mouth, which may a tumor. I live very rural, no chicken vets. I may have to cull her which will kill my husband and I. 😭

Back
Top Bottom