Question on day 6

The one still has not externally pipped and I don't seem to hear it chirp anymore. Grrrrr!
sad.png
Maybe it's sleeping and resting. You can always hold it up to your ear and tap the air cell and see if it taps back or you feel the "flutter" of movement.

Don't worry, it'll come when it's ready
1f60a.png
I am glad one made it out alright. Fingers crossed the others will too!

Awesome! I went ahead and got them out and dried and under a lamp! So perfect...I think! The second one seems to have gasped for air more than the first but I think it may be that he hatched right before I got home to check them and the other hatched early this morning. It seems like I don't see a tongue in there? Maybe it is stuck to the roof of the mouth? I'm not sure. He doesn't have his mouth open now. They both keep doing heir mouths jiggly and swallowing. lol I don't know how to explain it! But here is a picture! The dad is Cochin and so far both have came out with feathered feet! The mom of the reddish one was also Cochin and the black was australorp!

Awesome! I went ahead and got them out and dried and under a lamp! So perfect...I think! The second one seems to have gasped for air more than the first but I think it may be that he hatched right before I got home to check them and the other hatched early this morning. It seems like I don't see a tongue in there? Maybe it is stuck to the roof of the mouth? I'm not sure. He doesn't have his mouth open now. They both keep doing heir mouths jiggly and swallowing. lol I don't know how to explain it! But here is a picture! The dad is Cochin and so far both have came out with feathered feet! The mom of the reddish one was also Cochin and the black was australorp!
Adorable. That reddish brown is a pretty color. Congrats on the two. How's the other pipper doing?

I got up every 2 hours through the night to check #3 and at 6 I told my husband to wake me up when he leaves at 7. The turd hatched in that hour! Lol! So my first hatch I didn't see any of them actually exit the shell. Grr! His little umbilical was pretty red when he came out so I applied a tiny bit of vetericyn and it is looking better. Scabbed over now. He is still very tired so I have him separated in the box from the other 2 who are pecking everything! And drinking water. I hope he started perking up later on this evening!

I got up every 2 hours through the night to check #3 and at 6 I told my husband to wake me up when he leaves at 7. The turd hatched in that hour! Lol! So my first hatch I didn't see any of them actually exit the shell. Grr! His little umbilical was pretty red when he came out so I applied a tiny bit of vetericyn and it is looking better. Scabbed over now. He is still very tired so I have him separated in the box from the other 2 who are pecking everything! And drinking water. I hope he started perking up later on this evening!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom