Question on day 6

UPDATE: egg 3 and 4 have pipped externally!!!!!
clap.gif
woot.gif

Great! Watching the chicks unzip and pop out of their eggs is amazing! I am actually entering lockdown right now
1f642.png

Good luck to you! So far 3 and 4 are still just pipped but I feel like they are slowly making the hole bigger. Egg 2 hasn't done anything yet! But it is just day 20! Ah!!! I'm going to be up all night!!!!

Egg 2 has pipped internally and eggs 3&4 are still the same. Just externally pipped, no zips lol. I am concerned though bc the membrane by the pip is white. Should I be keeping this moist? Humidity is 64-66%

Egg 2 has pipped internally and eggs 3&4 are still the same. Just externally pipped, no zips lol. I am concerned though bc the membrane by the pip is white. Should I be keeping this moist? Humidity is 64-66%
Outer membrane should be papery white. I'll share a couple of my pips/zips with you.

Outer membrane should be papery white. I'll share a couple of my pips/zips with you.
Yes, awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! :) i am getting so impatient! I told my husband thank goodness there is a bed in this spare room! I have a feeling I will be in there all night just watching! I don't want to miss a thing!! I can see their beaks sticking out and them moving around and chirping. I hope they all make it!!!!

So looking into the first that pipped, I can see the inner membrane around him tight! They shrink wrapped! Should I help? I know I'm going to anyways but not sure what to do. Can they get out without help?

I had given up and went to bed after kind of helping this one but woke up to him chirping and standing up pecking at the lid! The other that has pipped still has blood veins to absorb and the other still has not pipped externally! Getting nervous for that one.

Yes, awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
smile.png
i am getting so impatient! I told my husband thank goodness there is a bed in this spare room! I have a feeling I will be in there all night just watching! I don't want to miss a thing!! I can see their beaks sticking out and them moving around and chirping. I hope they all make it!!!!
I don't sleep much once mine has started hatching either...lol

I had given up and went to bed after kind of helping this one but woke up to him chirping and standing up pecking at the lid! The other that has pipped still has blood veins to absorb and the other still has not pipped externally! Getting nervous for that one.
Awe, congrats!
A lot of time it looks like the inner membrane is drawn around the chick, but usually it's not actually shrinkwrapping them.
fl.gif
On the others!

Back
Top Bottom