question on growth

WandaLiz

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 28, 2014
dear Collaborator Poultry-lovers!

i find this backyard Chicken the most incredible webpage ever! thank you so much for all the advice you post here! Me, my sister, nieces and my mom are fans of hens. We started due to a lost hen (Piru) that moved to our house from nowhere , then a rooster (Wence) showed up, then Piru disappeared and appeared back with chicks and the family goes on and we are delighted! We write because the last hatch was about 6 months ago and one of the young is still as big as closed fist. We have her in a coop we are afraid to release her, first because she hasnt been with other hens to learn to survive, second because of falcons and mainly because our neighbours cats ( about 10). Her diet is corn, greens from the garden, the insects she eats when we move the coop ( tractor) and protein. I apologise for our ignorance or if we are making mistakes. do you think we should buy nutrients for her? if so which. We love her so much. Her name is Coki. thank you for your advice.

i find this backyard Chicken the most incredible webpage ever! thank you so much for all the advice you post here! Me, my sister, nieces and my mom are fans of hens. We started due to a lost hen (Piru) that moved to our house from nowhere , then a rooster (Wence) showed up, then Piru disappeared and appeared back with chicks and the family goes on and we are delighted! We write because the last hatch was about 6 months ago and one of the young is still as big as closed fist. We have her in a coop we are afraid to release her, first because she hasnt been with other hens to learn to survive, second because of falcons and mainly because our neighbours cats ( about 10). Her diet is corn, greens from the garden, the insects she eats when we move the coop ( tractor) and protein. I apologise for our ignorance or if we are making mistakes. do you think we should buy nutrients for her? if so which. We love her so much. Her name is Coki. thank you for your advice.
There can even be malabsorption of nutrients. Which fed, can grow into the correct size. However, there are some breeds of chickens thst are dwarf size.

Is it possible to get pictures of the chicken in question? Maybe with a hatch mate, too, to show the differences in size between them?

I know, that’s why she should change feed to something which provides more nutrients which the chick many not be getting enough of.
The Malabsorption of nutrients thing from your original post, makes it sound like a digestive issue. Rather then a lack of proper nutrition.

Back
Top Bottom