Question on hatching coturnix eggs

hooter8868

Hatching
Feb 13, 2017
I am new to raising quail I bought some coturnix quail and hatching my first time I have read they will hatch with in 14 to 17 days today is day 24 and I had one hatch and several to start moving around why did it take so long any input would be greatly appreciated thanks
Mike

If all incubation conditions were ideal (ie humidity, right temp, turning etc) then I would think you may have gotten a different quail type. I believe certain type of quail does take 23-24 days to incubate.

Take a look on quail hatching chart here:
http://myweb.cebridge.net/theroost/chart.htm

Last edited:
What colour were the eggs? Japanese quail eggs are cream with large, dark brown splotches and spots - I've always found mine start hatching on day 18. Bob White eggs are white and take longer to hatch (23 days). Those would be the two most common species kept for their eggs. You could put up a photo of your eggs and chick that's hatched and someone may be able to identify them from that.

What colour were the eggs? Japanese quail eggs are cream with large, dark brown splotches and spots - I've always found mine start hatching on day 18. Bob White eggs are white and take longer to hatch (23 days). Those would be the two most common species kept for their eggs. You could put up a photo of your eggs and chick that's hatched and someone may be able to identify them from that.
x2

Back
Top Bottom