Question on mixing breeds.

I think y'all misunderstood my post.

Mean has nothing to do with gameness (aggregression toward other chickens). Mean has to do with manfighting: not fiesty either. I'm talking straight manfighters. It's always been considered a sign of stupidity. (Biting the hand that feeds you thing).

True the hens are nice: not calm by any means, but nice.

Understand, the above on Leghorns is just my opinion. Obviously, I'm not a Leghorn man.

Quote:
Sorry if I offended you. The other part was for the OP as the info I have from my birds, not for any breed in general. I don't like any of my birds that try to bite me either
hide.gif

Ditto, a mean rooster at my place gets to visit a little chinese fellow for a $2.00 haircut.
Quote:
Sorry if I offended you. The other part was for the OP as the info I have from my birds, not for any breed in general. I don't like any of my birds that try to bite me either
hide.gif

My hens, one a Bantam Serama, and the other a BA- OEG/mix, don't seem to realize they are different breeds, they just know they are both hens, part of the flock with thr rooster. I plan to pick up two Buff orpingtons this spring, with luck, even one extra B.A will also come on along to our flock. Just waiting to see what March brings my way.
D.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom