Question on ready-made coops from tractor supply

Pics
A lot of folks have purchased that coop....... although quality isn't as good as hand-building yourself one, it's doable if you only have a few chickens. And for only $199 on sale, I'd say..... GO FOR IT! If you do buy that coop, from what I keep hearing with those is that when it rains and dries, the boards become a bit warped making it hard to shut doors. Many have suggested that you paint it over with water sealant.

As far as the coop being compatible for ducks, I can't say as I've never had ducks before and wondering myself if they can waddle up the ladder thing or fit through the door.

A lot of folks have purchased that coop....... although quality isn't as good as hand-building yourself one, it's doable if you only have a few chickens. And for only $199 on sale, I'd say..... GO FOR IT! If you do buy that coop, from what I keep hearing with those is that when it rains and dries, the boards become a bit warped making it hard to shut doors. Many have suggested that you paint it over with water sealant.

As far as the coop being compatible for ducks, I can't say as I've never had ducks before and wondering myself if they can waddle up the ladder thing or fit through the door.

Thank you for your response!
Yeah I’m wondering if my ducks will humor me and waddle up the ramp into the house too...

Hi!
I’m wondering if anyone has experience purchasing a premade chicken coop from tractor supply?

(Coops like this https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...-_-LABOR+DAY-_-Deluxe+Farm+House+Chicken+Coop)
Also, would those coops be compatible with two Muscovy ducks?
Your experienced advise would be greatly appreciated.
I bought one of these. I use it for brooder and grow out. I also keep it under a roof so it is not exposed to the elements. IMO it isn't some thing for long term chicken keeping if you intend on using it for your main coop and the 8 bird capacity is laughable, 4 would be pushing it. I also don't believe it would hold up well if it were exposed to weather constantly. I did paint mine before I put it together so it would last longer and it is ok for what I use it for where I live
I have 6 birds in it atm, they are 10 weeks old and will be moving to the main coop in the next couple weeks when I get the run expanded

I haven't heard good things about these coops and hear they only last a few years if that. It is also cheaper to build your own especially if you have materials that you can repurpose. I'm building a coop that is based off the store bought ones and it has only cost me around 70 dollars so far to build of course I still need some supplies but I don't feel that I'm going to spend over 110-120 dollars to build. Plus I think my coop is bigger then what the farm store ones are and I have the option to expand it in the future if my chickens need more room.

I had that one. I housed my cornish cross hens there, and placed the coop directly on the ground as is without any sort of reinforcement. A couple large neighborhood dogs were able to bite through the thin wood pieces along the ground, gave up after a few minutes of destruction, then knocked the entire coop over. Lost my entire flock of CC hens. It's rather top heavy. I wouldn't recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom