Question on Wing Bow Color

That clears up some thing. I stated in the post I have been using the chicken calculator, but I wasn't aware there was a box. I will be trying that out.
Box? When I say "dropdown box," I mean the thing you can click that turns into a list where you can choose a gene. There is one box/list for each locus (the E locus, the Co Columbian locus, the Db Darkbrown locus, and so on down the list. Most of them we just call by the name of the main gene-- like Columbian-- but the E locus has so many options it gets called the "e locus" rather than calling it Extended Black or Duckwing or Wheaten or Birchen or something like that.)

Box? When I say "dropdown box," I mean the thing you can click that turns into a list where you can choose a gene. There is one box/list for each locus (the E locus, the Co Columbian locus, the Db Darkbrown locus, and so on down the list. Most of them we just call by the name of the main gene-- like Columbian-- but the E locus has so many options it gets called the "e locus" rather than calling it Extended Black or Duckwing or Wheaten or Birchen or something like that.)
Oh, I get it now. Yes, I have been using that. But whether or not I understand what I am doing is the question.

Oh, I get it now. Yes, I have been using that. But whether or not I understand what I am doing is the question.
Understanding can take a while (it did for me! And I'm still working on some parts.)

And then there's the matter of what to call things, so we can talk about it and understand each other-- sometimes that is just as confusing as the genetics!

Back
Top Bottom