Question plz help

Gina70427

Chirping
Mar 30, 2023
I had a baby born sat that had issues from the start. Our lights had went out from a storm previously and I believe messed with humidity. Anyways it was born with a hernia type thing (everyone here has helped me with this ..Ty) and I also had to splint its legs cause it was doing the splits bless it. So that’s all better , naval looking better, but I’ve been feeding him with syringe. My question is how do I know he is eating his chick start ? It looks like maybe he is some cause the food is scattered some but I can’t tell and I want to stop with syringe feeding and get him on this chick starter . I felt his crop and seems full so maybe he is unless it’s still full from me helping. His last feeding that I gave was last night. Could it still be full from that? I havent seen him drink water but once also. I have kept chopped up chick starter in his box. I have eight all together and a flock outside (which btw a coon got one of my hens last night 😭. ) I have to do better. This message is scattered I know , so sorry. It’s just been a lot with all my sweet babies this last few days! Love them so much! My poor special baby is so tiny also! I’m tryna get him growing and healthy. This bby loves me and wants me to hold him which breaks my heart. He hears the others in the box next to him. (I had to separate due to hernia. Thanks again for all y’all have helped me with!

Oh no!!! That's so sad I really don't know what to do (I don't hatch my own chicks) but I hope someone can give you some advice!!!

Good luck to you and your baby!

I bet it has I love chicks sooo much they are definitely my babies however when something goes wrong it's stress stress stress!!!! Also I would love pics of your baby chick!!! Does he have a name?

I bet it has I love chicks sooo much they are definitely my babies however when something goes wrong it's stress stress stress!!!! Also I would love pics of your baby chick!!! Does he have a name? I will get pics! And yes we call him Norbert haha! But is the sweetest thing!! I never knew that chickens could be so loving and smart! My whole life has changed haha!

Back
Top Bottom