Question

Sunny-n-moony

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2021
Hi,
I've had my chickens now for about a year. I was cleaning out my chicken coop and when I was scraping out a matted bit of shavings I found little white worms. They did not look like tape worm segments. They were all massed together and looked like little individual worms. I thought I was scraping out a urin soaked section of shavings and was very surprised to find the worms in there.
I guess chickens don't really urinate like that though and the white coating in their stool is the urea? Does this sound like any worm infestation any of you would know of? Or is it possible that some flies laid eggs in a section of the coop? Their stool itself looks normal. The chickens appear healthy. I should have taken pictures so I could post them with this. IF I see them again I will add a picture.

THANK YOU

Hello, and welcome! I agree that they are most likely maggot's. By the way, good luck with your flock! What breed do you have

Hi, I have one barred rock, two buff and one grey chicken with red comb (I don't remember what type she is). I'll try to get ahold of them to search for any wounds, but nobody is moving lamely. Thank you for the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom