question

thekid

Songster
9 Years
Jan 12, 2011
Ford City, Pennsylvania
Im just wondering since quail are so tiny how big are the pens you keep them in and could i see some pictures
big_smile.png

It depends on the bird. Coturnix need 1 square foot per bird, bobwhites need 2+ square feet per bird. Here are some of my small grow out pens that are big enough to keep a few in.

63214_quail_234.jpg

This one will house about 25 coturnix.

63214_quail_232.jpg

This one will hold about 10 or 12 coturnix.

Last edited:
I have a huge rabbit pen so maybe when my rabbit dies I will get some quail I could keep a lot and my rabbit pen isnt a little thing you buy at the store it is a huge homemade one I will get a pic tommorw

I put tarps over the windows on cold nights, and if it gets below 10* I slide a piece of wood in the pens. Most of my pens look something like that. In my layer pens I have sloped wire, egg collectors, huge feeders and waterers, ext. The only reason the heat lamp is there is because those were 4 week olds that had just came outside. It was a little cold that day...

Coturnix, Buttons (pygmy's), Texas Blue Scaled, Bobwhite, Gambles, Valley Quail, Mountain Quail, Masked Quail, African Harlequin Quail, and more that I can't think of at the moment.
lol.png

Quote:
MASKED
ELEGANT (BENSONS)
MEARNES (MONTEZUMA)
THEN WE START INTO DIFFERENT COLOR STRAINS OF THE BOB AND COTURNIX AND IT GETS PRETTY LENGTHY

Back
Top Bottom