QUESTION!

Do you think my eggs stand a good chance of hatching?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pjquail

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 7, 2014
Hey Guys, so I'm at day 22 going on 23 of my incubating 25 bobwhite eggs. So a day before lockdown I took out the dud eggs I knew were absolutely gone to spare room, so now I have 20 eggs. Like I said I'm in lockdown and am eagerly waiting for my chicks, even though it's only day 22-23 I'm getting kind of worried about my eggs...Should I at least have heard some chirping by now or some indication of the chicks? Yesterday me and my dad swore we heard some type of very faint light scraping-but that only occured 1-2 times in a span of 10 seconds and it was VERY light. Anyway, my temperature has been between 99-100 degrees and humidity between 65-75%, is this correct for lockdown? And I started lockdown on day 21 which was the top recommendation from many people/sites if that's any help.
I candled my eggs on day 18 and saw some eggs with limited veins and it was dark inside, which someone told me is a sign of the fetus/chick and that they might hatch earlier than others?? I know I still have like 2-3 more days before all hope is lost but I'm just pretty stressed and need some reassurance...Any advice or words of wisdom-would LOVE to hear it! Thanks again guys for all your help, really appreciate it
smile.png
gig.gif
sickbyc.gif

Found this online. I hope this helps! Happy hatching!

http://raisequail.com/hatchbroodquail.html

The best humidity for hatching quail eggs is 70% humidity while you are incubating the quail eggs. After the quail eggs hatch, adjust the humidity to 80%. The temperature of the incubator should be at approximately 100 degrees fahrenheit.

The length of time to hatch fertile quail eggs depends largely upon the type of quail that you are hatching. For example, fertile Bobwhite quail eggs take 24 days to hatch.

Ok thanks so much! I just checked on the eggs and there is one egg with a LITTLE BITTY puncture hole actually and crack/stress marks on the egg. I dunno how long that's been there
idunno.gif
But sooo EGGcited!!! (please just ignore my poor attempt at this play on words)
gig.gif

Ok thanks so much! I just checked on the eggs and there is one egg with a LITTLE BITTY puncture hole actually and crack/stress marks on the egg. I dunno how long that's been there
idunno.gif
But sooo EGGcited!!! (please just ignore my poor attempt at this play on words)
gig.gif
How EXCITING!!!
ya.gif
Sounds like maybe you have one pipping and hopefully zipping!
fl.gif

And I don't think anyone on here will knock you for egg or poultry puns :lol: All you can do now is kick back and maybe grab some popcorn!
pop.gif

I KNOW! I am so excited haha. I'm very nervous though (let me specify- more VERY VERY nervous than I was a couple days ago!!!) I was grasping the concept that some eggs will not make it- 5/20 (1/4....sorry math brain kicking in!) But I absolutely cannot grasp the concept that a single chick will die in this household while I am alive!!! It kills me thinking about the eggs and baby chicks that wont make it
hmm.png
But we can only hope for the best!

My last hatch at lockdown I had 17 eggs (chicken) all but 2 hatched. One had severe scissor beak the other was WAY big for its shell. 1 was born but had severe wry neck within hours it was so bad it couldn't stand so I culled it. I cried all night like a big baby. And the 2nd day 1 died for no appearant reason. So I had 13 :) I have lost 2 more since then. 1 bc a hen pecked it in the back of the head HARD. The other just died because of cocci. Still battling that one in my flock. My point is sometimes no matter what you do to protect them stuff happens and it sucks! Just do the best you can and enjoy them!

Ya, I would definitely cry for at least 3 days hahahaha no joke. Okay, so I've come to a realization- this morning while I was partially asleep I thought I heard some light peeping coming from outside of my windowl and I thought nothing of it since I live in the woods and I hear lots of birds every morning, and since I was 1/2 asleep I had no memory that I was incubating eggs. But then I was just thinking: what does a baby QUAIL sound like when it chirps in the egg??? So then obviously it lead me to YouTube and I heard some chicks...after a couple seconds I'm like-WAIT that sounds similar to the peeping this morning!!! So my theory is----> This morning I heard some peeping (from numerous eggs??)and that then lead to the 1-2 pipped eggs later on! Makes sense yes?
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom