Question...

As for books. 'The Chicken Health Handbook', by Gail Damerow is a must for any chicken keepers bookshelf.

IMHO, 'City Chicks', by Patricia Foreman for small urban/suburban flocks, 'The Small-Scale Poultry Flock', by Harvey Ussery for a bit larger flocks and 'Talking Chicken: Practical Advice on Heirloom Chickens & Eggs', by Kelly Klober are superior books.
Will have to check on those...

As for books. 'The Chicken Health Handbook', by Gail Damerow is a must for any chicken keepers bookshelf.

IMHO, 'City Chicks', by Patricia Foreman for small urban/suburban flocks, 'The Small-Scale Poultry Flock',  by Harvey Ussery for a bit larger flocks and 'Talking Chicken: Practical Advice on Heirloom Chickens

Will have to check on those...

I must order these from the library!!!!!!!!!!
*millions of chicken books disappear from libraries around the globe*

I have 12 laying hen I was getting 6 to 7 eggs a day this summer know I only get 1 to 2 eggs Did not change feed no changes to there living space Can you please help These are young hen. Thanks you Ken Cooke

With winter comes a reduction in light, this can have an effect on laying. Chickens need 12-14 hours of daylight to keep up production. this can be done by putting a light in the coop on a timer that comes on before the sun comes up. I don't like to have the light on in the evening in my coop because if the light goes off before their on the roost they can't see to get up there and end up sleeping on the floor. Some people choose not to add light to the coop to give the girls a break. this is a choice you will have to make for yourself.
You don't say what kind of chickens you have but some breeds just don't lay well in the winter.I have some bantam cochins that just shut down for the winter. I don't expect to see an egg from them till late march.
No matter what you decide to do tho egg production will slow down in the winter,but it will pick back up again in the spring.

I must order these from the library!!!!!!!!!!
*millions of chicken books disappear from libraries around the globe*
My favorite chicken book is "The Wonders of Eggs", but you won't be able to make it disappear from the library. My 8 year old granddaughter wrote it. It started out as a tri-fold brochure but she became the victim of "chicken book math". I love it!

My favorite chicken book is "The Wonders of Eggs", but you won't be able to make it disappear from the library. My 8 year old granddaughter wrote it. It started out as a tri-fold brochure but she became the victim of "chicken book math". I love it!
Is it published?

Is it published?
Nope....just sitting on my nightstand at the moment. It starts out, "At Diane's house the wonders of eggs com every day.....from two eggs in one to blue eggs people don't even know about. These are not lazy working chickens - these are hard working chickens. Don't even think about making fun of these chickens! Some of these chickens were in big pain laying these eggs. Cora is a Marans chicken. She's the prettiest chicken I've ever seen from chick to chicken. She the activist chicken I've ever peeled eyes to. Cora lays beautiful dark brown eggs. Where do you get these eggs you ask?" At that point she gave my address, and since the video went up on FB I'd rather not have that info out there. So I told her that. On the video when it comes to that part, she loses it and ad libs something I can't even make out clearly...I think she's says, "It'll never be heard." but I'm not sure.
love.gif

My favorite chicken book is ''the small scale poultry flock'' . It covers I wide range of subjects, and is filled with lots of pictures and interesting ideas.
It's a great book. I definitely recommend it!
smile.png

Nope....just sitting on my nightstand at the moment. It starts out, "At Diane's house the wonders of eggs com every day.....from two eggs in one to blue eggs people don't even know about. These are not lazy working chickens - these are hard working chickens. Don't even think about making fun of these chickens! Some of these chickens were in big pain laying these eggs. Cora is a Marans chicken. She's the prettiest chicken I've ever seen from chick to chicken. She the activist chicken I've ever peeled eyes to. Cora lays beautiful dark brown eggs. Where do you get these eggs you ask?" At that point she gave my address, and since the video went up on FB I'd rather not have that info out there. So I told her that. On the video when it comes to that part, she loses it and ad libs something I can't even make out clearly...I think she's says, "It'll never be heard." but I'm not sure.
love.gif
Love it. What's she gonna do for her next book?
So nice to hear of a child who writes and doesn't just play with electronics/internet.
caf.gif
says Sunflour , do as I say, not as I do.

Back
Top Bottom