Questions about hatching in egg carton

kathyinmo

Nothing In Moderation
12 Years
May 14, 2009
(SW MO) Nevada, Missouri
My Coop
My Coop
When you hatch in the egg carton, do you cut out the bottom for air movement?

Another question.... Don't the chicks stand up on the carton and bump into the heating element? Reason I ask is that one of my hatches I had 2 chicks get singed from standing on top the hygrometer and bumping into it. Anyone else have that happen?

Do you like using the egg carton method?

Quote:
Do I like it?....I'll never do it any other way ever again. Much better results for me. I've been doing it that way for I think for two years now.....don't remember for sure. Have hatched lots of chicks that way.

No, I don't cut the bottom out.

I've never had a chick get singed from standing on the carton.

Last edited:
i almost put the eggs in the carton when i went on lockdown.. they've been on thier side the whole time already though... i was curious about this set up and wondering if them setting up in the carton made it harder for the chicks to get out?? as opposed to sliding staright out ??
i guess if a lot of people do it it probly isn't a prolem... i don't know.. i'm brain dead.. lol...

Silly question, but.... what is the egg carton hatching method? Is this an incubator method? What do you exactly do?

Quote:
Not a silly question at all!
It is where you put the eggs in an egg carton, in the incubator, for the hatch. For instance, days 1 - 18 in the egg turner. Then on Day 18 take out the turner, put them in a carton (inside the bator) and they hatch from there.

Back
Top Bottom