Questions about male or female button quail

Juliovitorl

In the Brooder
May 24, 2021
Forgive me for the mistakes, but I have an explanation, I'm Brazilian and I'm not fluent in English, so I use the translator for that. Anyway, let's ask the question, I'm starting to create button quails, but I'm in a dilemma about the gender of one of my quails, after reading a lot about here on the forums I saw that the males have red feathers on the tail and next to it. However, I wanted to know if this continues, or, after many years, there are females with these red feathers, or if it is still a sure indication of a male. Follows the photo! Help me, are you a male? Once again forgive me for the mistakes

Attachments

• IMG_20210524_095308.jpg
    IMG_20210524_095308.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210524_131658.jpg
    IMG_20210524_131658.jpg
    595.1 KB · Views: 12
There was no consensus in the Brazilian forums, there is still little knowledge about this species of quail. But the whole bottom of that quail is red

Forgive me for the mistakes, but I have an explanation, I'm Brazilian and I'm not fluent in English, so I use the translator for that. Anyway, let's ask the question, I'm starting to create button quails, but I'm in a dilemma about the gender of one of my quails, after reading a lot about here on the forums I saw that the males have red feathers on the tail and next to it. However, I wanted to know if this continues, or, after many years, there are females with these red feathers, or if it is still a sure indication of a male. Follows the photo! Help me, are you a male? Once again forgive me for the mistakes
Only males get red on the vent and only males growl

Need a good pic of each dark bird to tell you if its male or not but one for sure is

Back
Top Bottom