Questions about quails

Okay, sorry for bothering but polish quail keepers feed quails wheat and pellets(special quail feed, idk how is it named, srry if i'm wrong) and things like veggies, fruits + some protein food like white cheese. And i don't really know whose advices i should be following if i decide to buy quails :/ + the fact that bought feed also has carbohydrates
Nabiki also sells and breeds and i have gotten a ton of advice from nabiki and kiki who also breeds and sells

Im just saying it happens, look. Fiancée gave her another peanut i took it away saying no honey only 10% treats and snow gave me a look then...

Attachments

• 20200919_100204.jpg
    20200919_100204.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 5
I give mine a little scratch on really cold days to help them build body heat, just like with chickens. Quail supposedly can tolerate cold quite well as lng as they dont have any draft.
I have never measured the percentage of treats :oops:
I just make sure I feed them unlimited feed and small treats once in a while.

Okay, sorry for bothering but polish quail keepers feed quails wheat and pellets(special quail feed, idk how is it named, srry if i'm wrong) and things like veggies, fruits + some protein food like white cheese. And i don't really know whose advices i should be following if i decide to buy quails :/ + the fact that bought feed also has carbohydrates

If you do get quail, try asking the person you get them from.

Some kinds of feed are "complete feeds," meant to be fed as the sole diet, while some other feeds are meant to be fed in addition to other things--the feed package might have a tag or label telling how to use it. Where I live in the United States, the stores usually sell complete feeds. But the feeds available to you might be different, so it is probably best to ask someone who keeps quail in your area (but only if their quail seem healthy!)

Could i use dry crushed beans instead of soy? Or any other protein source? I heard about dry mealworms.

Back
Top Bottom