Questions. Help please

Is it in a plastic bag? Your little garden needs air, and it can't be allowed to sit in moisture, so a plastic dish with holes like a lunchmeat tray would be a safer choice. You put an upside down bowl in your tub (I think I forgot to say that) or anything to elevate the tray off the tub floor, and set your meat tray on that.

Is it in a plastic bag? Your little garden needs air, and it can't be allowed to sit in moisture, so a plastic dish with holes like a lunchmeat tray would be a safer choice. You put an upside down bowl in your tub (I think I forgot to say that) or anything to elevate the tray off the tub floor, and set your meat tray on that.
Oh, I didn't know it had to be elevated. Is it still going to be ok? How do I get rid of the mold? There are some holes in the bottom, it's in a salad container. I had it draped with a damp towel until this morning

Here's a better pic

Attachments

• 20200228_092655_HDR.jpg
    20200228_092655_HDR.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 4
If you're certain it's mold, you'll need to start over. I zoomed in on your pic and saw the white hazy stuff around the rootlets. I think you're okay. If you're seeing any color like blue-gray or yellow, that's mold. I would let it go another day or two based on what I'm seeing. It looks okay to me. I was worried about the hazy white cloudy stuff, too. It's just part of sprouting.

That said, it definitely can mold. You can smell it--not the musty, slightly odd smell of sprouting grain--but a more off-putting scent. Let me get some pics of the tubs I'm using...

Back
Top Bottom