Questions. Help please

Does this look better? I'll start a new container too.
20200228_101004_HDR.jpg
20200228_101009_HDR.jpg
20200228_101010_HDR.jpg

That'll do for now. A flat container is easier to work with, and yes you can get any container at a dollar store or later a yard sale and drill drainage holes in it. Some nurseries pass out plastic trays for you to collect your started plants on and let you take the trays home.

What I'm using right now are cheap tubs I got from Amazon. They're the same kind of tubs people bring home from a hospital stay. They're very inexpensive and a nice size for me to work with. I actually got them for nesting boxes, but the chickens didn't like them. 🤷‍♀️

Weird bluish green poop. Is this from the alfalfa cubes? There were 2. He's doing so much better.

Attachments

• 20200228_175548_HDR.jpg
    20200228_175548_HDR.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 4
When we leave on our trip, a friend is going to be taking care of the fodder and giving him some everyday. This is just a curious question and I would never do this, but can a goose live entirely off fodder for several weeks? I'm just worried that might be all he eats and I won't be here to monitor him. I just wondered if that was all he ate if it could sustain him for a couple weeks. Thanks

Geese in nature (and on many farms in summer) live entirely by grazing. Of course they eat a wide variety of grasses, so that probably matters, but I'd imagine he would be okay. Since a 100% alfalfa diet (is that what you mean by fodder?) would be a radical change from what he's used to (or maybe he already eats large amounts of alfalfa?) it could upset his tummy.

And yes, his poop will be green when he eats lots of green plants. It's a kind of alarming color though, isn't it? :eek:

Geese in nature (and on many farms in summer) live entirely by grazing. Of course they eat a wide variety of grasses, so that probably matters, but I'd imagine he would be okay. Since a 100% alfalfa diet (is that what you mean by fodder?) would be a radical change from what he's used to (or maybe he already eats large amounts of alfalfa?) it could upset his tummy.

And yes, his poop will be green when he eats lots of green plants. It's a kind of alarming color though, isn't it? :eek:
It will be the rye fodder. I can get some other kind of grains for him too to sprout. I'm loving this fodder thing. I built a super cheap little tower thing and I have a new bin soaking. In the summer all he ate was grass, he never really eats very much FR. He has basically lived through this winter on soaked alfalfa cubes and various grains. It is a weird color 😂

Back
Top Bottom