Questions regarding our new pet

Potatoemoe

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2018
F44FE930-0F62-4956-A498-B7BF422A7AE0.jpeg
BC05C6FB-BE80-4D31-9778-79CF7027BB4F.jpeg
so we recently at the Gillmanor farm swap we bought a Juliana/Kune Kune pig that is six months old has been spayed and pad and leased trained. At least this is what we were told by the seller I’m pretty sure there is no Kune Kune in her she is pretty well house trained but see any where where she may have been spayed. Plus I’m pretty sure she is not six months. I’m posting pics so you can give me your opinions I have raised my questions to the seller but have not gotten any response. I’m taking her to vet Tuesday that will answer a lot.
Thanks I’m advance.

It doesn't surprise me that you can't tell whether she was spayed. I adopted a stray Basset Hound and neither the vet nor I can see any evidence of a spay operation. However, I have had her for several years and she has never come in heat and it is obvious she has never had puppies so we came to the conclusion she was spayed. I wish vets would mark females they spay in some way. A small tattoo on the inside of the flank or something would not show unless you looked for it and it would be helpful for new owners.

It doesn't surprise me that you can't tell whether she was spayed. I adopted a stray Basset Hound and neither the vet nor I can see any evidence of a spay operation. However, I have had her for several years and she has never come in heat and it is obvious she has never had puppies so we came to the conclusion she was spayed. I wish vets would mark females they spay in some way. A small tattoo on the inside of the flank or something would not show unless you looked for it and it would be helpful for new owners.
I seen on TV they actually put a tattoo bellow the belly button in some places on ferrel cats when they spay them to know if it was fixed or not.

She looks like my potbelly /Julianna cross pig , she’s 130 pounds :)
This is her as a 3 month old piglet , dads potbelly moms Julianna

Incisions can be glued shut these days , but I suspect you’ve been duped !!

Attachments

• 70E60075-6AD4-4DA3-816C-43EBD40E97B6.jpeg
    70E60075-6AD4-4DA3-816C-43EBD40E97B6.jpeg
    630.8 KB · Views: 8
I seen on TV they actually put a tattoo bellow the belly button in some places on ferrel cats when they spay them to know if it was fixed or not.
My vet and I were just talking about that. In fact at some shelters they mark all spays, not just cats. I think most of the time the ears are notched on feral cats because the notch can be seen from a distance. Unfortunately, to my mind anyway, vets do not mark animals spayed in private practice. I think they should all be marked, but nobody asked me.

She looks like my potbelly /Julianna cross pig , she’s 130 pounds :)
This is her as a 3 month old piglet , dads potbelly moms Julianna

Incisions can be glued shut these days , but I suspect you’ve been duped !!
Or not. As I said, spay incisions can be well nigh invisible. This is a case where time will tell. If the pig comes in heat obviously she wasn't spade. If she never does, she was.

Back
Top Bottom