Questions regarding our new pet

Ok well everything that I thought was true was, unfortunately that means that everything that the seller told me was a lie. I just don't understand why people can't be honest? We love the pig but she is 6 weeks to 8 weeks old never and never been spayed. So we have alittle extra work but that's not a big deal.

My vet and I were just talking about that. In fact at some shelters they mark all spays, not just cats. I think most of the time the ears are notched on feral cats because the notch can be seen from a distance. Unfortunately, to my mind anyway, vets do not mark animals spayed in private practice. I think they should all be marked, but nobody asked me.

We have a low-cost spay and neuter clinic that most vets will refer their clients to. They don't clip ears unless they know the animal is feral, but they tattoo a line along the spay incision as a matter of course. Dumb things happen; animals can stray and get picked up. This way, nobody tries to spay an animal that has already had the surgery - even if you can't find the incision, the line is visible.

@Potatoemoe I have no real experience with pigs, so I didn't say anything, but I thought the animal in the pictures looked to be a lot younger than you said you were told. Sorry to hear that the seller was so dishonest. Can't say about karma, but word does get around; they will run out of people to lie to one day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom