Quick Corid question

Ruralhideaway

Crowing
6 Years
Sep 21, 2017
Upstate NY
In cold temperatures is it necessary to mix fresh corid daily? Or could you make a couple gallons and hold that just above freezing while dispensing fresh daily?
Thank you.

I don't see why not... I'm sure I have. :oops:

Though I would probably store it in the lower range recommended on the label. By that I just mean insure that your current intention isn't actually too low. I don't do gallons... but my storage capacity is low and flock consumption not too high.

I also used Corid when feeding feeding fermented feed and had to adjust dose accordingly, once... Don't know why I shared that. :)

Adjust how for FF and why? I'm glad you shared that actually, I also feed FF.
Well FF contains a good portion of the water that the birds would otherwise be consuming and they aren't supposed to have another source to "drink".

So increased the drinking dose to match as much water as I used in the FF. For example if I used a gallon of water for that batch of mix then I added enough Corid that would have treated that extra gallon of water into the drinking water.

The reason for mixing new each day is to keep any droppings out of it, and that includes beak drippings that may peck in the soiled bedding. Any coccidia from droppings that are eaten will just add to the amount that is already making them sick. Personally, I would mix up whatever amount you wish, but only put in waterers the amount ( or more) that they would normally take in a day. You can store the rest in a cold environment or in the fridge. It should make no difference if it is already mixed ahead, since Corid is sold in both powder or liquid form. I wouldn’t mix up more than a gallon at a time, but if they only drink half or a quarter of that daily, it shouldn’t matter whether it has been diluted ahead of time. Just clean your waters out before adding new, keep waterers up at shoulder height on boards or bricks to keep out droppings. This is only my opinion of course.

Back
Top Bottom