1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quick Genetics Question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silkieluvr, Oct 21, 2007.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Here is my dillema. I have a gorgeous black crested white polish hen. She is perfect in every way, EXCEPT, when she was younger, a raccoon broke into her pen and took one of her toenails. Now, obviously, I won't be able to show her, but I will still try to breed her. The only problem is that the only polish roos that I can find are white crested black polish. If I breed her to one of those, anybody know what color I will end up with?

Thanx in advance!

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

HELLO ALYSSA!
    lol why aren't you on AIM?

i bet we'd end up with some crazy splash babies and horrible markings. We'd probably be best to only use Oreo to breed with. Although if we go to that show in Hollister (not sure if your mum wants to drive all the way down there) we'd probably be able to buy a couple more nice polish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by