1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

**QUICK QUESTION!!***

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by midwestmilkmaiden, Apr 6, 2009.

1. midwestmilkmaiden

midwestmilkmaiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    My daughters are wanting to color easter eggs.. and i was wondering.. if we use our fresh eggs to decorate.. How long can they hang out on the counter or around the house and still be safe to eat??

Thanks!![​IMG]

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I think you can leave them out for at least a week and be fine.

3. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Are you going to boil them? I would put them in the fridg after a few hours, but that's me!
    I do not refrigerate my uncooked eggs right away.
    Brenda

4. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    I would refrigerate the boiled eggs. My fresh eggs are on the counter all week.
    I don't know how long boiled eggs are out of the fridge:confused:

5. missfitch

missfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Marysville Ohio
    once the egg is washed or boiled it needs to be refrigerated, if your not washing your eggs you can leave them out for quite some time, now you have time to hide them and find them but when the kids are done throw them in the fridge. (we did on Saturday then we make egg salad sandwhiches that were colored due to coloring going through) so we picked eggs, boiled eggs, colored eggs, hid eggs, found eggs and ate eggs, it was a great day for eggs!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by