Quickest cooldown Wormer

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Jaygood787, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Jaygood787

Jaygood787 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2011
    Maine
    Does anybody have experience with a wormer that has a shorter time that others , with not being able to eat the eggs?

2. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    I sure wish someone had answered your post because I have the same question. The directions on Wazine just say do not use on chickens producing eggs for human consumption.
    Someone please HELP!!!! Please!!!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  3. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    I did a search on worming and still did not find an exact answer. Someone said worm them, reworm in 10 days and wait 14 more days to eat eggs. It was a wormer for horses that kills more than just round worms. There is a lot of controversay in some of these posts.
    Good luck with yours.
    I am not sure anyone has worms, all look healthy except for a hen that died today. She has been thin and looked droopy for almost a month but she was molting. I haven't seen evidence of worms in her or others but thought it might be a good precaution. However I have decided I am saving up eggs before I do it and will try to find out some more info on what to use and safety of it.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by