Quiet Peafowl, Anybody interested???

Its simple Sams chickens, With the green peafowl you wont even know they are there. I know. Thats one of the main reasons  why I have them. Most spauldings ( India BlueX green crosses) are great as well. Spauldings are nowhere near as bad in price and much easier to find than greens.

You mean they're quiet?? Whats the exact breed is it Java Green? I had trouble finding those but heard they were quiet. Where do they sell hatching eggs for them?

I have wanted peafowl terribly but couldn't have the noise, don't have any but I would love to buy one if you ever made them quiet! Could You ship them?
I don't see shipping being a problem. I really doubt that I'll ever end up with one. I've seen some locally at the auction but won't take anything home from there. Too risky. Just keep an eye out on the website http://www.quietroosters.wordpress.com. If I get one ready, Ill post it on there. I still haven't performed this surgery on one yet.

Dr. James

They do their mating call Zaz. Its just entirely different and not even in the same league as an India blue or variations. I will make a youtube vid this spring of my males in the heat of passion. haha. I did one this year talking. Its on here somewhere or Just go to youtube, green peacock talking by duckusucka. You can find it very easy seeing how its the only vid of any green vocalizations whatsoever it seems. I dont how to post a link to it.Terrible huh? But if someone here does. Go ahead and do it please. The breeding calls are about the same only a little longer. Sam, I highly doubt you will find hatching eggs of any of the pure greens. I had a real tough time for months trying to get a pure hen and if I had not been the first caller,ready to pay. Any hesitation on my part and I would not have got her even. If you do want to be 100% assured you can get ANY pure green you want you set it up a year in advance with a breeder, The "breed" or really sub species of these "pure" if you will can be Java Muticus .Imperators or Burmese.( Im not getting into nomenclature on this thread.) Your best bet to find any of these birds or breeders is Softbills for sale or the GBWF websites. Generally they are sold and shipped in the fall. The pure greens are hard to find like I said. but please consider some spauldings also for where you live. Spauldings can handle the cold much better than pure greens. They are alot cheaper and more easily found.

Last edited:
Thanks Blue i will go have a look.
Ya know all this talk of peas noise had me wondering if folks can't have a rooster why then can they have them noise hens, these girls here are the ones that get my roos going again in the middle of the day. and these hens are /were noisey as heck
I have done massive chicken culling and it has just occurred to me i have never had so much quite here.

Quote: Green peafowl in general are not a beginners bird. Most likely, if you buy something that is a green, then it is probably just a spalding, just like what happened to me. There are some pure greens in the U.S., just it is a lot harder to find them. Green peafowl (Pavo muticus) includes the subspecies. The subspecies are Java Green (Pavo muticus muticus), Indo-Chinese Green (Pavo muticus imperator), and Burmese Green (Pavo muticus spicifer).

Check this link out: http://www.pavo-muticus.com/english/among-breeders/artenvergleich.html
It is from Friedrich Esser's website, and he is leo7 on here. I really like this picture:
3fadbc749c.jpg

Hi iam new to this site but have you done the surgical procedure to a peacock with susses.

I could be interested, I know my imidiate neighbors won't mind, but he is a spalding mor than 50% green, and I've been told they don't make that much noise, so it is more of a wait and see. Oh and I said could be, because even though my imidiate neighbors might not mind, but there are a lot of developments down the street of where I live, and I don't know how prick-ish or even how they would respond to him since, most people come from the city

I could be interested, I know my imidiate neighbors won't mind, but he is a spalding mor than 50% green, and I've been told they don't make that much noise, so it is more of a wait and see. Oh and I said could be, because even though my imidiate neighbors might not mind, but there are a lot of developments down the street of where I live, and I don't know how prick-ish or even how they would respond to him since, most people come from the city
If you allowed peafowl in your neighborhood then i would not worry about the noise , it is only around 4 months in the summer and one is not going to be to bad, i have 10 so it get loud here but simply putting a fan on at night allows us to sleep.
Only thing is the law might show up at your place cause folks that do not know about peacock sounds might think a woman is being hurt cause peacocks scream like a woman in pain
wink.png

Last edited:
Good questions ...... are :

Why do they cry peacocks?
To please or displease the humans or communicate with other peacocks ... peahens?
What is the role of cries?
Is estrous of the peahen will kick off on spring?
Do the peahen will lay?
The reproductive cycle of the peahen will not be disturbed without sounds ?

Back
Top Bottom