Quilter's fabric and pattern helps

nanakat may I ask what a panel is that you speak of in your post? Thanks for taking the time too help me learn quilting.

A panel is, for instance, http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Night-Befor...mdZViewItemQQptZUS_Fabric?hash=item3355921c99 you can either quilt over certain parts of it or cut it and make blocks from it. Usually you can use it as a centerpiece for your quilt and put pieced blocks around it..very cool, I've used the 12 Days of a Froggy Christmas panel twice and I cut and made blocks with mine.
smile.png

If I remember right, that quilt Acre had pictures of, with the hen blocks, was two panels put together and stitched around, no, not too hard Mema, easier actually, give it a try, there are tons of pretty panels...for the one in the link above I just typed in fabric panel in the ebay search and I think like 1600 choices came up! Good luck
smile.png

Quote:
Loving Stitches is like that too in Fayetteville...thank you Crumples for introducing me to the place, lol!! It's very upscale though, some "bargain basement 30% off fabric in the actual basement though! Here is their website..beautiful brand new store.. http://www.lovingstitches.net/ my daughter's christmas quilt, a batman 9 patch ( yes, she loves batman!) is currently over there for top stitching. They are going to use a bat graphic to top stitch with, it should turn out awesome and I know she will love it. But, yeah, those local quilt shops are soooo tempting..just the quilts hanging on the walls in this one will take your breath away!! So if Mary-jos' is anything like it, I KNOW Coyote will need a chaperone!!

I bit alot off with the panels I bought because I cut all the pictures apart and am framing them in black and sewing sections together then rows. So unfortunately I didn't go the easy route but I'm really liking it. I feel like sending a note saying "If you don't like it you may return it....". We have another sister in law who can't give a gift without saying that as you open it. So it's a bit of a joke. But they all know to expect weird from me and this sil likes weird. lol Oh and I'm getting Warm and Natural batting for this one.

I am gonna have too go back and recheck all the post as I have been sick. It has been through all my family but my daughter and husband. Then I have this friend, I think I was telling yall about her leg, and her mother is having too stay with her because her mother found out she has cancer. The friend can not take care of herself at the moment but is trying too take care of the both of them. We have been a lot of running trying too help them. Panels HUUUUMMMM. I will look at this. Now I have to go back and find the block swap we were all talking about.

Back
Top Bottom