Quilting Fabric Assorment/ Large Priority Box Full/ N. Ga. Mtns

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, May 28, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This is a 12x12x8 priority mail box stuffed with fabric. All 100% brand new, all 100% cotton (unless one poly blend slipped in--I make a habit of using only 100% cotton, though)

These are just fabrics I probably won't use again, but included are many colors: tan, brown, black, gray, pink, peach, red, blue, green, yellow, tropical prints, fussy cut prints, border prints, even some chicken print fabric! Some pieces are probably fat quarter size, some are probably several yards worth, some will have something small cut from it (as I said, I've used them over the years for scrap quilting) and so on. Not sure exactly how many yards there are total, but this box is darn heavy! At a quilt shop, you'd pay about $30 for 3 yards of fabric but there are yards and yards in this box.

I have to make way for fabric that is more to my own current tastes so seems prudent to offer these to someone else who can use them. The shipping I'm asking may not be enough to cover the cost if you are on the west coast, so if you do win the auction and are out west, please add a couple bucks to cover the extra, if you would be so kind.

Payment by postal money order only. Will ship when money order is received. Thanks!

Here are some pics of the fabrics in the box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

That looks like alot of fabric! Great idea, to pare down the stash. I am sure someone will get alot of use from this!

3. speckledhen

I hope so! It will help both of us. [​IMG]

4. NanaKat

NanaKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I'm a fabric fanatic. Looks like a great variety of colors and prints.
    I'll set the bidding in motion.

5. speckledhen

Thanks, Nanakat! If you do win and have a particular favorite color, I may be able to add a couple more pieces in that color to the box.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Nice! I love that peacock print one...normally not my thing but I like that print.

7. NanaKat

NanaKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Oh that would be lovely. That box is quite full as it is. I will be able to put any fabric you send to great use.

I'm working on quilts for each grandchild this year. I have two done and five left to make. They grow up sooooo quickly so I'm making quilts that are more traditional block patterns so they will be able to use them for a lifetime. One young teen has asked for a Wedding Ring pattern quilt and another a Bethlehem Star. Nana likes to accomodate. I may not get done this year.....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Very ambitious! I have one niece in her 30's who I rarely get to see. She found out I was quilting still and said, "Oooh, I want a quilt!". I never make quilts for family, mainly because they are never appreciated or seen again, but I may just make her one because she asked me. Have to find out her favorite colors and maybe I'll just get busy. If you do especially love a particular color, though, I'm sure I can add a couple pieces to that box for you. [​IMG]

Kat, I added a few more pieces for you into the box, so it's pretty full and very heavy. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  9. minniechicks

minniechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Phenix City, AL
    I am new at quilting and I think this is a great deal. Beautiful material. [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

Well, minniechicks, congratulations on winning the fabric auction. Have PM'd you with my address so you may send payment. And welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by