Quincy's First Day Outside **Pic Heavy**

ZooMummzy

Queen of the Zoo
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Philomath, Oregon
Quincy is my little special needs bantam I rescued last month. She has a spraddled leg that never healed but she's healthy as can be otherwise. She has her own little cage in my office and lots of parakeet toys that she loves. She rings her bell whenever she wants attention, which is constantly!

She is a house chicken, but I took her outside today for the first time and she was in heaven eating dirt, bugs and grass. It made me really want to have her enjoy "chicken life" more often, so I'm going to try and ger her a mini run set up somewhere outside safe so she can enjoy the nice NW summer days coming.

We still haven't figure out what type of banty she is though.....
idunno.gif

dsc0045yc2.jpg

dsc0047nb4.jpg

dsc0039dd3.jpg

dsc0049xb3.jpg

dsc0028fo0.jpg

She's beautiful! She looks quite a bit like a bantam Blue Ameraucana. Check out this face and you'll see why I say that. Mine is a standard size, though. Not sure if that's what she is, but...
DCP_0143.jpg

Last edited:
Oh she really does look like yours!!! I have been searching the internet for pictures of Bantams, looking for her, but haven't had any luck. Thank you for this! I will see what I can find. We love her just the same, but it would be nice to know what she is, lol.

They really do! I am certain that is what she is...thank you!

I need to mention you have a very beautiful chick. I'm wondering how big Quincy will get since she is still very small at almost 8 weeks. She is about the size of a robin I'd guess.

Last edited:
Maybe someone who has bantam Ameraucanas can help with that question since I dont have any bantams. Jody (hinkjc) has bantam Ameraucanas in the buff color; maybe she can also confirm that this is what Quincy is or not for certain. Where did you get her?

Awww! What a sweetie! I'm glad she was adopted by someone who's going to dote on her.

Will you post pics of the cage & toys, please?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom