1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Quit Smoking - day 3

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by abercrombie575, Jan 3, 2011.

1. abercrombie575

abercrombie575 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2010
    Georgia
    OK, This is day 3 and no smoking! I have made this resolution before but I feel different about it this time. I am not being moody and really there are few cravings for it. Everytime I want one I tell myself that it will not taste the same at this point anyway. I was just wonering if I am alone in this quest or if there is someone out there that we could be lending some support to each other.
    Dawn

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Wishing you well! My mom was a big smoker and quit a few years ago. She might have had the nic gum on hand,but rarely used it.My dh switched to electric cigs,which I read are still pretty bad for you.

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I have been a smoker for over 50 years. Probably could have bought several new trucks with the money I've spent on cigarettes over the years. So now I've finally decided that I must quit and have started taking a medication called Chantix. Good luck with your effort and I'll keep you posted about mine.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  4. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    You CAN do this!

5. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Woo Hoo!!! 3 Days!!! You've got it nailed. Just avoid situations where you might be tempted to have one like out for a few drinks or other social situations. You can do it!

6. suburban

suburban Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2010
    Perth, western Australia
    Well done so far. Just take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if you have to. I quit smoking 10 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did.
    It is hard but so worth it.

Just remember why you want to quit. And if you do have a craving ask your self "do I want this cigarette or do I want to be a non-smoker?"

7. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going on about 10 years without now

Just avoid situations where you might be tempted to have one like out for a few drinks or other social situations.

Great advise there, that was my hardest time. Not the smoking habit but the habit of smoking. I had to quit sitting out on the back porch for awhile until I got past it.

Steve​

8. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    I have a friend that was a pack a day smoker......starting her 1st day, she put $5 in a bucket... every single day.

Last summer she had her driveway repaved and paid the guy in cash. All 5's! [​IMG]

Best of luck! You can do it!!!

9. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Good luck- you definitely can do it, but it IS hard!
    I got myself some sunflower seeds and lollies to help with the whole hand-to-mouth habit and it really helped [​IMG]

10. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    GOOD LUCK! I have a friend that is trying to stop. And another who says he can stop anytime he wants but isnt trying hard enough >.<

My friend that is trying to stop metioned t ome that if he had a tictac everytime he got the urge he thought he would be able to quit. SO for Christmas he picked up a ten lb box that made funny noises from inside his locker [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by