Quitting Smoking Tomorrow...Not gonna be easy

I quit 18 months ago yesterday. The first 3 days were the worst. It gradully got easier until it just wasn't an issue. If you would like some powerful motivational tools, go to http://whyquit.com/ Also, nicotine has been regulating your blood sugar, so if you find yourself getting grumpy, fruit juice will help.

It takes 72 hours to get the nicotine out of your system. After that your brain begins to heal from the cravings. Get the first 3 days done, and the rest will be much easier. Be careful with coffee, it will pack a wallop!

You can do this. I wish I hadn't waited so long, but cigarettes convinced me it was much harder then it really was. Just 3 days then it's all down hill.
clap.gif

Quote:
I was the same way on day 7 but after that it got easier and easier. I even called a 1-800 hotline to talk to someone until my craving quit. That was the worst one for me.

Those craving will start to be less frequent, and they usually only last a minute or two. Just keep telling yourself, "Not another puff" It will get easier, I promise. One craving at a time, your subconscious is starting to believe you when you say no.

thanks all, don't know if pam's being helped by talking to all of you but i sure am, it does help to have someone in your corner who's been thru it before, when i ask pam if i could join her, i was sitting, reading and in tears, wanted a cigarette that bad, maybe it is getting easier, not sure yet, but talking has helped

You all have helped me and I love the support! It is just wonderful! I'm keeping at it. I haven't done a full smoke free day, but I will get there! I'm not going to give up. It is too important for me to get this done. I need to be stronger.

Quote:
Keep it up! You are doing great! You will be my inspiration. I will get there and I will turn to you for advice on getting through it.
smile.png

There was one day when I was about a week into it, that I spent the whole day at whyquit.com just reading other peoples success stories. So much good information there.

Can you imagine how good it is going to feel at the gas station when the person in front of you buys a pack of cigarettes for like $7 and you don't ever have to do that again? I bought a motorcycle with the money I saved. What are you going to save for?

hi pam, even cutting way down is a start, had a friend one time that only smoked five a day, told him that if he could control himself that well, he could quit, he finally did and i believe that both of us can do it too with a little help from our friends on byc's
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom