Quitting Smoking Tomorrow...Not gonna be easy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PamB, Feb 27, 2011.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    So, I've decided to quit smoking tomorrow. I'm hoping I'm strong enough to do it. I know it will be difficult because I've done it before and I'm having some anxiety about it. Wish me luck, please!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Good luck to you. I tried last month...I didn't work but I haven't given up. Hang in there.

3. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    LUCK!!!!!!

I know you are strong enough to do this!!! I would think the first day would be the hardest, so just focus on getting thru Monday!

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Good for you! [​IMG] You will be so proud and feel so good when it's all said and done, and your lungs and health will thank you!

5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Good decision! What worked for me: Zyban and the patch, Extra Polar Ice gum, because it is strongly flavoured, and since I never had coffee in the morning until I got to work, instead of a smoke I would have strongly flavored herbal tea at home and committing to never having another cigarette again, not even a drag. Good Luck! You can do it!

6. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Thank you all!!! I don't believe the first day is the worse, usually days 3-4 are the worst for me. I think at that point I'm already frustrating with the constant fight. But, I will be as strong as I can be and work through it, minute by minute if I have to.

7. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Good luck!! [​IMG]
    Thank you so much for your decision. It sets a great example for others.

8. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Oh Pam that will be the best thing in the world if you can quit. I know I don't know you and we have never talked but I will help be a support person for you if you need it. I quit 7 years ago and I know how hard it can be. I smoked for over half of my life and now I can't stand the smell of smoke. It makes me sick. Please feel free to contact me should you need someone to talk to. Good luck and be strong [​IMG]

9. corn pecker

corn pecker Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2011
    Polk City,Fl
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I quit dipping snuff about 2 months ago, I dont think about it much anymore. My only problem is in the last 2 months I have became a alcoholic.[​IMG]

10. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Pam good luck to you !!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by