Quitting Smoking Tomorrow...Not gonna be easy

Most likely you will fail. At first that is. I can say that because I failed and failed and failed. The last time it finally took. I didn't use any patches, gum, or anything. I just decided that I was going to beat the addiction and even carried an open pack of cigarettes around with me for the first 2 days. In prior attempts to quit I had always obsessed over being out of cigarettes. The last time I figured if I was going to give up and fall off the wagon again they'd be right there in my pocket and it would save me a trip to the store.

Best of luck. It will be hard but if I could do it then anyone could do it.

Good luck. You can do it. I tried to quit last year with chantix. That did not work for me. I am thinking of trying again. You can do it.
thumbsup.gif
Go for it

You can do it!
thumbsup.gif

Don't get discouraged if you break down and have one. Look at all the positive progress you make! Even if it is just simply that you are not smoking as much or that you have made the choice to quit!

You have my support. Sending encouraging thoughts your way.
love.gif

pam, may i join you in quiting? its been 6 days for me and i would kill for one but if i smoke one, i will be lost. heart attack made me quit, if it wasn't for the look on my husbands face as the ambulance took me to the hospital, who knows:idunno

Good for you! Just a bit of advice from an ex smoker. My doctor recommended Chantix when I went for a
physical 4 years ago. I decided to give it a try. I did as I was supposed to do but when i started I really
didint think it would work. I have to say I never really had great will power at all but it was soooooo easy
for me. After about two weeks I honestly didint even want a cigarette any more. Its been four years
and I have been "clean" ever since. No slips, no urges ever!!!! Best thing I ever did for myself and my family.
Now when I smell cigarette smoke on others I think to myself I cant believe I ever smelled that gross!!!
If your thinking about quitting - I would highly recommend Chantix. I tried everything else and nothing else
ever worked like this. I wish you the best!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom