R.i.p. Andy Rooney

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by backdoorchicken, Nov 5, 2011.

1. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    I want to speak like him when I grow up!
    I so enjoyed listening to him!
    May God bless him!

2. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    "I've done a lot of complaining here, but of all the things I've complained about, I can't complain about my life." ~ Andy Rooney

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I hate to hear that.... [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Oh no! I love his comments and his books!

5. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    I enjoyed his life experiences during WWII. That era always fascinates me and there are few WWII veterans or newsmen alive now.

6. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    The world has lost a rare and wonderful man. Andy Rooney had wit, wisdom, compassion, and honesty - and shared it with us all. I watched his farewell to 60 Minutes, and looking back it was almost like he wrote his own eulogy. He touched many lives and will be greatly missed.

7. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I really liked Andy Rooney.

But, there is a lesson here: Do NOT retire. He lived 92 years and just after he retires, he dies. I've seen that happen a lot.

8. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Quote:Actually he hadn't retired, he was still doing his column. The real lesson is to stay away from doctors, especially surgeons and, most of all, hospitals. He went in for minor surgery and didn't survive it. That being said, Andy was the conscience we needed and willing to say things that normal people thought but never verbalized. He'll be missed for that because now everyone has an agenda.

9. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Quote:Actually he hadn't retired, he was still doing his column. The real lesson is to stay away from doctors, especially surgeons and, most of all, hospitals. He went in for minor surgery and didn't survive it. That being said, Andy was the conscience we needed and willing to say things that normal people thought but never verbalized. He'll be missed for that because now everyone has an agenda.

I meant that sorta as a joke, anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by