R.T.O.C.I.M.(Right To Own Chickens In Monroe)***NEW NOTE****

Quote:
Of course you don't have the phone book with the right numbers..YOU"RE IN KANSAS AND I'M IN NEW YORK!
ep.gif
There is
a woman I know with chickens that lives close.Could she be of help?
hmm.png

My belief is that any chicken can be friendly or not, depending on whether they are handled a lot. Our birds were held tons as chicks, brooded in the house, and have been handled and visited several times a day since moving outside. Our hens that are well over a year are just as friendly as our young chicks who have never been outside yet.

I have 8 different breeds and they are all wonderfully friendly, even though some of them (Buttercups) are generally referred to as 'flighty' and 'skittish' and even discussed as being unlikely to allow people to hold them. Mine like to ride around on my shoulder.

I would encourage you just to call around and find out what the rules are- perhaps your local paper will have had mention of the ordinances? It's very trendy right now, so backyard chicken-keeping is in the press a lot. Search your paper's website for mention of chickens?

What changes is January?

Quote:
Absolutely!!

Go talk to her- she'll be able to share her experiences with local ordinances and also where the good feed stores are, where to get meds if you need them, etc. Always good to have a local with the info!

Quote:
Absolutely!!

Go talk to her- she'll be able to share her experiences with local ordinances and also where the good feed stores are, where to get meds if you need them, etc. Always good to have a local with the info!

actually,her son cares for the chickens.I collected eggs for him once.

Back
Top Bottom