1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rabbit Body language....what is my rabbit saying?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Willow's Meadow, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    My rabbit usually lives in the barn but I brought her inside my room for a little while today. She is under my bed laying their with her head up a bit her front paws almost tucked under her an her belly is stretched out and her back legs are a little stretched out. She looks like she is comfy and feels safe under my bed but I'm not sure. Is she scared or happy/comfy/relaxed? I can't tell! I get worried that she is scared sometimes(I'm a newbie to rabbits). She is a little shy but she is very friendly once she gets to know you. She was abused and abandoned.....we adopted her. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Sounds like she has found a place that she thinks is a safe, comfy place to relax a bit.

Usually a scared bun will be tense, big round eyes maybe showing some white, and all four feet gathered beneath them, ready to take off.

Poor bun sounds like she had a rough start, nice that you took her in, hope you enjoy her!

3. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'd say that if she is laying on her belly with her back feet stretched out, she's feeling relaxed.

4. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    that means she is a happy bunny -- [​IMG]

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I agree she is a happy secure bunny that knows that she is safe.

6. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    it means shes plotting your down fall yup shes relaxed

7. PamelaJaye

PamelaJaye Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2009
    I have to read this site again

http://language.rabbitspeak.com/

three things that are good -
    the total stretch out (feet behind, feet in front - not sure on the ears)
    the bunny flop (they look like they are dead but they are just very relaxed)
    and of course, the binky (if you haven't seen either of those last two - do a youtube search - there is much cute video)

and now i have to go read that site again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by