rabbit bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the emotional turmoil in this thread is coming from the view points that sound absolute and hard-lined. People have had different experiences, and some have lead to hurt rabbits, that is what makes people believe that their anecdotal experiences are the rule. We all have to accept that some pairs can bond as adults and others can't.

As long as the boding period is supervised over each play session for a long time, then OP will learn about how they would do together.

Could they act bonded and then rip each other to shreds after months of happy cohabitation? Sure. But, it is not true that that is accurate in each situation.

OP, let your vet's advice rule the day here. Talk to her/him about it. Also do a lot of research and bond slowly and with supervision.
thank you for your considerate comment :) . I understand that everyone has a different opinion. my vet said that it should be completely fine as long as I do it slowly and under supervision.

Hm. Well, thanks for the info! I know many experienced people who have always successfully kept rabbits together with absolutely no trouble. 🤷🏻‍♀️
That's true. They have no trouble until they do. Some rabbits will get along with others their whole lives with no trouble whatsoever. Other rabbits may get along with their pen mates for weeks, months, or years until for some little rabbit reason they don't. The only sign you may ever get of trouble is a bloody hutch.

That's true. They have no trouble until they do. Some rabbits will get along with others their whole lives with no trouble whatsoever. Other rabbits may get along with their pen mates for weeks, months, or years until for some little rabbit reason they don't. The only sign you may ever get of trouble is a bloody hutch.
Ok, well thank you for your time! I definitely respect your opinion. But, I tend to agree with @LizzzyJo. I think you just have to know your rabbits, and some bunnies can do it and some can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom