smile.png

bunnies01005.jpg

bunnies01003.jpg

bunnies01006.jpg

the newbie needs help.

had a rough night.
6pm yesterday-found 1 dry baby and mom bleeding
10pm mom still bleeding
1am-got out of bed went outside in 50mph winds and 14 degrees. found very large baby under mom outside of nestbox dead.
2am- got out of bed again to bring mom and baby in house. cage on shoulder in jammies walking across windy cold icy walkway. put them in cellar which is 60 degrees.
6am- found dead baby streached out at front of nestbox on hay. removed box from cage put on cellar floor.
8am- went online to this thread and read about checking the back of box. downstairs I go, opened up fur at back and found the firstborn, omg!
the 2 she lost were very large. the firstborn is quite a bit smaller. checked it this eve and it is pink instead of white and very chubby.

questions

I have another doe due tomorrow. her last litter was 10. if she has another large litter should I give some babies to the 1? do I risk anything by doing that? the little mom is a first litter.

next problem

I bred a holland lop. did not think it took. pre owner did not know the age of the doe. found 1 baby tonight dead and partially eaten. no others. what do I do with the mom? is she going to have problems with milk and nobody to feed?

Back
Top Bottom