Rabbit needs help I don't know what's going on

LhickenChicken

Eh?
Premium Feather Member
Jan 5, 2023
Rimbey, Alberta, Canada
So I have a Flemish Giant female (pure, not inbred) and I have a New Zealand male (or at least that's what they told me, not inbred) and I bought that pair and bred them together twice. The first time all the kits were very healthy and then the second time the kits weren't very healthy, for some reason. They came from a big litter of about ten kits and not all of them made it. One rabbit died of paralysis and another died for no reason. I have the boys on a cull list but I want to save one of the females for breeding. I know they are not inbred. She is very small and looks like stunted growth.

I really have a bond with this rabbit. Do you have ideas on what I could do to save her?

Ugh. She started peeing red stuff. And I don't know what to do and I don't want to take her to the vet because she is already unhealthy.

Thanks for nothing guys.

Ummmm.... You're welcome! 🤦‍♂️ There's no need to be rude on here. If people could help you, I assure you they would. Either people didn't see your post, or they did and they can't help you. Someone did respond back with a question that you never answered. That's not anyone on this site's fault. If you're so concerned, take it to the vet. But if you're planning on using her for breeding... Any breeder who cares about their animals will tell you NOT to breed an animal with health issues. You'll just be passing those bad traits on to their offspring.

Hmm whatever.
Ok, this is extremely impolite. Theres no need to be rude. This is a site meant to educate others and be kind to others. Just because you don’t get a response right away doesn’t mean people don’t care about your rabbit, i have waited weeks sometimes. And the reason is people are busy and aren’t always on BYC. That’s ok, there isn’t always someone around and sometimes threads get buried by others and thus don’t get seen very easily.

Ok, this is extremely impolite. Theres no need to be rude. This is a site meant to educate others and be kind to others. Just because you don’t get a response right away doesn’t mean people don’t care about your rabbit, i have waited weeks sometimes. And the reason is people are busy and aren’t always on BYC. That’s ok, there isn’t always someone around and sometimes threads get buried by others and thus don’t get seen very easily.
The reason is: I have been forgetting about posting this thread and her condition is getting worse. I think she is peeing blood and she seems very unhealthy and so that now means I gotta cull her cause I can't afford a very expensive vet visit.

The reason is: I have been forgetting about posting this thread and her condition is getting worse. I think she is peeing blood and she seems very unhealthy and so that now means I gotta cull her cause I can't afford a very expensive vet visit.
Peeing blood doesn't sound good and if you can't afford a vet you can only do what you think is best.

If she appears to be suffering I wouldn't let her suffer if I were you.
If she's acting fine...don't ever give her the chance/option to get pregnant again.

Back
Top Bottom