Rabbit raid?

If she deserved to be shut down, then thats fine. What bothers me is the criminal method used in handeling this situation by legal authorities and this "group", and the simple fact that her rights as a citizen were abused... and the conditions of the rabbits, if those photos are of her rabbits, does not outweigh her rights. It was handled wrong.

Breezy I 100% agree with you.

There were no laws or rights violated. When you have that many rabbits,you have no excuse for not knowing the law. She could have called a lawyer at any time. The search was legal and she signed the rabbits over.

They went after her rabbits. What is to keep them from coming after our chickens, ducks, geese or other animals next.

reminds me of something years ago. I cannot fully remember it, but this is what I do remember.

When they came for the merchants, I did not speak
When they came for the workers I did not speak
When they came for me, there was no one left to speak.

Quote:
Opening a closed barn to search without a warrant or the barn owner there to give consent is an illegal search.

He ex, who uses the house as his legal address and lives there, let them in. That would be legal. When they saw the conditions, they obtained a warrant. Proper procedure.

And to compare this situation to the holocaust is untenable.

He lives in the house giving him the power to consent to search of the house an only his part of the house, nothing more. The outbuilding do not fall under his authority. He does not live in them. They are completely separate structures an part of the business an not the home.

With roommates, the consenting co-occupant may only consent to entry of his personal room and any common areas. He may not give a valid consent to another co-tenant's private room. (People v. Boyer (1989) 48 Cal.3rd 247, 276; United States v. Davis (9th Cir. 2003) 332 F.3rd 1163.)​

Last edited:
It doesn't matter.

Re-read your armchair law book. Not meaning that in a mean way, but if you don't know for sure, you just make yourself look foolish blindly defending someone and criticizing police who followed the law.

You show me one case where a room mate had the authority to consent to a search of another room mates place of business? They cant even consent to a search of the whole house.

Now if they were still married it would be different.

Back
Top Bottom