Rabbit Water Bottle

shy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
I use a water bottle for my parrot. It keeps the water clean and no mess in the cage. My 3 week old chicks keep getting poop and pine chips into the waterer. Just out of curiosity, I decided to hang a water bottle. Sure enough after a few minutes, the three buttercups started investigating. And they figured out how it works. I am so proud of them. Later, I noticed they had taught some of the other chicks how to do it. It would be great if I knew that all of them knew how to use it. I won't risk it by taking their regular waterer out. But maybe over time, they will all learn to use the water bottle. That would be so fantastic.

I've heard of others doing the same. I have not tried, but I just might give it a whirl!!! My new chicks are way too messy with their water.

There are a few folks here that use the water bottle with great success. I think it is a great idea.
ya.gif

Sounds like a great idea!!! I would suggest getting several if you have a lot of chicks. I have 40 chicks right now, can't imagine them all trying to share one bottle. I'm gonna try a few and see how they do!!

Several people on here have mentioned this and I believe one even has an automatic water system in the coop where the chickens drink from the nipples. I think it's an awesome idea and I hope all your chicks learn about the bottle so you can do away with the messy waterer too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom