Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
I need help,

My bunny is an amazing jumper it seems like, he keeps jumping over the barrier into another room (the other room has stuff I'd like for him not to get into) the barrier is probably about 4ft high (probably higher) yet he still can jump over!? How do I discourage him from doing that? The barrier is made out of cardboard which isn't a big deal since he isn't a big fan of the cardboard and he's not chewing his way out (jumping) should I get a different Barrier?

I need help,

My bunny is an amazing jumper it seems like, he keeps jumping over the barrier into another room (the other room has stuff I'd like for him not to get into) the barrier is probably about 4ft high (probably higher) yet he still can jump over!? How do I discourage him from doing that? The barrier is made out of cardboard which isn't a big deal since he isn't a big fan of the cardboard and he's not chewing his way out (jumping) should I get a different Barrier?
Other than using a higher barrier, the only other option I can think of is housing him in a secure cage. He sounds like a very athletic (and determined) rabbit.

Hey guys, what do you do for fleas on your buns? One of my does had a litter today and I noticed a flea in the nest. Any advice for a first timer?
Also, here's our first litter! Six silver fox kits.

Hey guys, what do you do for fleas on your buns? One of my does had a litter today and I noticed a flea in the nest. Any advice for a first timer?
Also, here's our first litter! Six silver fox kits.
Congratulations on the litter!

I don't have experience with fleas, only fur mites, which I treated with pour-on Ivermectin (sold for cattle). I'm guessing a similar treatment would work for fleas. However, I'm not sure if I would risk putting chemicals on a nursing doe.

I just went and picked up a new rabbit for my daughter. We were told it is an English Spot. I don't know the technical color but it has light brown markings. And I have no idea if it meets the breed standards... and really don't care. My daughter loved the color and that's all that matters to me. Not like I'm going to be showing it. Anyhow, we chose this particular breeder because we saw them at the local poultry show last week. It was obvious they love their rabbits and spend time with the babies. They were holding them upside down in their laps and working on their toe nails without a bit of fuss from the rabbits. And this one is very tame and easy to handle.

So we stopped by PetSmart for some chews and treats. I had some questions about these products. One of the chews was in the shape of a taco. The "fixings" inside this taco looking thing looked like paper to me. Is that safe for a rabbit to chew on and swallow? I would think unsafe products would not be carried by a company that supposedly promotes the well being of all animals but I need to know from people who keep lots of rabbits what the best thing is for this little guy to chew on. My daughter is absolutely in love with it so we want to only give it the safest things to chew on.

I just went and picked up a new rabbit for my daughter.  We were told it is an English Spot.  I don't know the technical color but it has light brown markings.  And I have no idea if it meets the breed standards... and really don't care.  My daughter loved the color and that's all that matters to me.  Not like I'm going to be showing it.  Anyhow, we chose this particular breeder because we saw them at the local poultry show last week.  It was obvious they love their rabbits and spend time with the babies.  They were holding them upside down in their laps and working on their toe nails without a bit of fuss from the rabbits.  And this one is very tame and easy to handle.

So we stopped by PetSmart for some chews and treats.  I had some questions about these products.  One of the chews was in the shape of a taco.  The "fixings" inside this taco looking thing looked like paper to me.  Is that safe for a rabbit to chew on and swallow?  I would think unsafe products would not be carried by a company that supposedly promotes the well being of all animals but I need to know from people who keep lots of rabbits what the best thing is for this little guy to chew on. My daughter is absolutely in love with it so we want to only give it the safest things to chew on.  

I don't suggest getting things from there. They will lie to you to sell. That's their job "sell". Just give your bunny untreated wood..

Back
Top Bottom