Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
I have Florida White rabbits for meat. They are compact little round rabbits and top out at about 6 pounds. I spent the money and got a trio from a good breeder because it costs the same to raise good stock as it does to raise poor stock. There's a huge demand for meat where I am but lots of regulations so we raise them for our consumption. My biggest issue with the rabbits is figuring out how to give them more room to run while keeping them safe. I'm not a fan of the small cages.

I said about three months ago that I would post pictures of my outdoor rabbit pen. Yes both of them are just pets, not meat. Anyways I live in Texas by the coast so it doesn't get too terribly cold too often. I may cover sides this winter to block drafts. I got another rabbit this weekend from my uncle which they show and breed rabbits. The black rabbit is a New Zealand and the white ish one is a Siamese satin. The white ish one is the new rabbit I got this weekend anyways enough with my blabber mouth this is my pen:

Nice setup. When you get a new rabbit do they squabble a bit? Are they all the same sex or are they fixed?

hey guys! Meet my fluffy buddies!!

Star, Holland lop, 8 weeks, just got her

Curious, Holland lop, 8 weeks just got him

Hank, 2 years american chinchilla, meat rabbit

Grace, 8 months, thrianta

Peter, 1 yr thrianta

Ashley and Candace, 1 year, American Chinchilla sisters

Nice setup. When you get a new rabbit do they squabble a bit? Are they all the same sex or are they fixed?
Thank you very much. Yes the are the same sex, both male (I know scary right!) I kept the new rabbit in a dog crate inside the pen for the introduction part. I kept him in there for about three days. I read online that if they were laying together on either side of the wire of the crate it means they are relaxed together. I am hopefully planning on getting them fixed someday. Anyways so I let him out of the cage and they first thing that the rabbit I already had did was hop over there and they started acting like really happy and excited. They groomed each other, then the rabbit I already had taught the new rabbit to climb the ramp. Lets just say he didn't feel like teaching him how to get down lol. They did kind of squabble a tiny bit but for the most part it was the whole dominance thing. The black one will most likely be the most dominant one because he is older by like three months and two it was his pen(territory) first.

Definitely not a Rex - that's a normal coat.

The next thing I'm going to say is kind of surprising, because I frequently scream at the screen when I see someone else say it.
roll.png
Your girl may be part English Spot, though it might be Rhinelander in her background. She appears to have a stripe down her spine, which is a requirement in those "marked" breeds but somewhat unusual in brokens of other breeds (it seems like some people see anything with a broken pattern and immediately go with "English Spot," hence the screaming). I don't think she's a purebred; there are details of coat and type (not just markings) that I'm not seeing, but she looks well-loved.
smile.png

Last edited:
She is very loved. My kids let her out of cage in the a.m. and she doesn't go back in it till I go to bed which is late lol she gets dress fruits and veggies once a day and her pellets plus her Timothy hay. She is litter trained and has many chew toys. We even have a Christmas stocking for her and my cat spaz. They hang right there with my kids stockings lol she is spoiled. Tonight she will be breed. From a good breeder. She is so sweet with us. She always nipped at her last owner who thought she was a male. She has never nipped and the kids or me. Her and my cat play all the time. I bought them both lil round fluffy beds and set them under my Xmas tree where they both love to sleep

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom