Raccoon attack survivor but not a layer?

brycej

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 7, 2012
Anyone have any positive recovery information. My Americana/Auracona survived a raccoon attack. Her upper outside of her leg had a bad infection. She had maggots eating the dead flesh. With some care the wound cleared up and closed. You can barely notice any change in her walk or agility. However this was in the early fall (first week of September). The stress seems to have kept her from molting or laying. All my other chickens have started laying again after a winter break. She is not laying. Do you think she will start again?
I know that laying questions are mentioned often. Thought this was a more specific question that the general thread did not address.

WelcometoBYC.gif
. It is possible that she will still lay. I would wait until were into more spring weather before I worried too much.

welcome-byc.gif
She has recovered from an extremely stressful situation. I would guess that as the daylength increases she will resume egg laying.

I will wait and see. Either way she is a pet to the kids so she will be around laying or not laying.

Back
Top Bottom