Raccoons are horrible-slaughtered 30+ birds

Through the chicken wire! All birds have been relocated inside the chain link coop/runs. Sides, top all covered either in chain link or wire fencing. No chicken wire. Pop doors now have locks to keep them closed. Windows have hardware cloth fencing. Setting the trap in a little bit.

Two hav a heart traps set up with canned cat food. 55 gal barrel of water at the ready. Bring it! Horrible, mean, wasteful creatures.

hit.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss! Only chick folks understand how horrible it is to see that type of massacre! Last fall, we caught 2 coons, 2 possums & filmed 3 foxes on a game cam. I invest heavily into hardware cloth.

Oh I am so sorry!!!!
hit.gif
:hit:hit

I hope you catch them - we have had a coon problem at our house, and the chicks aren't even outside yet!!!! We have caught one in a trap so far. They come into our garage and steal our pet food containers... drag them out into the yard and try to get them open!!! I hate them!!!!

Just as a question... I know this is gross, but what do you do with the body if you drown it? We live in a neighborhood, and guns are a no no, I hate the idea of drowning, but releasing them somewhere else seems like it will just give someone else trouble.

I'm very sorry. I had a similar incident last May. Coon killed around 25 fully feathered chicks. I thought I had them secure enough, but the coon found her way in.
hugs.gif

That coon was trapped and disposed of.
sad.png

Quote:
Set two traps last night. Caught one around 10 pm. This morning the other had been tripped but no coon. We cannot use guns either. I have a 55 gal drum, filling with water as I type this, take a long time to fill a 55 gal drum when using a well, this evening (after I am sure it's dead) I will put it in a black trash bag and put it in the garbage can for pick up. It cannot weight much more than a turkey bought at the grocery store or if I feeling generous I may use our back hoe and dig a hole.

Please do not "relocate" you are giving your problem to someone else. We have friends that live in the mountains and they love their animals as much as we do.

Traps will be reset this evening, and every evening till they are gone.

oh good job. I put them out with the trash also, sometimes I just put them on the side next to the street as i am in a city and they pick up road kill daily to keep the streets nice.
smile.png

1 down a few to go...

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom