Raddling Breathing. Acts normal.

Aug 20, 2017
Hello, again. I was on here before with the same chicken about 2 days ago. Her symptoms of her last problems has went away.
Now, she has developed a raddling when she is breathing. It doesn’t always do it but it stil concerns me. The last symptoms about 2 days ago were large vent area, tiny white spots around her vent, and very swollen.
She has now gotten over all the symptoms. Today, she has gotten a raddling breathe. I checked her lungs for raddling making sure it wasn’t something with her lungs. Her lungs sound good. She has been eating and drinking. I feel like it’s some type of respiratory illness. What should I do for the raddling noise.

Hello, again. I was on here before with the same chicken about 2 days ago. Her symptoms of her last problems has went away.
Now, she has developed a raddling when she is breathing. It doesn’t always do it but it stil concerns me. The last symptoms about 2 days ago were large vent area, tiny white spots around her vent, and very swollen.
She has now gotten over all the symptoms. Today, she has gotten a raddling breathe. I checked her lungs for raddling making sure it wasn’t something with her lungs. Her lungs sound good. She has been eating and drinking. I feel like it’s some type of respiratory illness. What should I do for the raddling noise.
Is her crop emptying completely overnight?
Check it first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks.

You had mentioned swelling on your other thread, but I don't think you ever clarified whether that was at the vent or underneath (her abdomen between the legs). Can you feel of that and let us know if she's bloated or if it feels like she's full of fluid?

Well, her swelling has went down. It was before her vent. She has developed a limp in her right leg now. I thought she had gotten her leg sprained. So, I started her on some vitamin B complex tablets yesterday. Now, her right leg has gotten a little bit worse. It’s hurting her. I don’t know what to do for her limping. She can bend her right leg. She doesn’t seem like it’s bumblefoot. She eats and drinks normal. She lays down a little bit more because of her leg. How would I treat her for her leg?

Well, her swelling has went down. It was before her vent. She has developed a limp in her right leg now. I thought she had gotten her leg sprained. So, I started her on some vitamin B complex tablets yesterday. Now, her right leg has gotten a little bit worse. It’s hurting her. I don’t know what to do for her limping. She can bend her right leg. She doesn’t seem like it’s bumblefoot. She eats and drinks normal. She lays down a little bit more because of her leg. How would I treat her for her leg?

Yes, her crop completely empty at night.
Her crop is completely empty at night? So she's not eating/drinking at all?

You have a lot going on with her it seems. Do you have vet care at all?

Limping can be from a number of things. She had swelling in the abdomen or vent, when is the last time she laid an egg?

Oh, that’s what you meant. Yes, she is eating and drinking. Yes, she is getting a X-Ray for her leg tomorrow morning. She is not a very good egg layer. Last year, she laid around 10-15 eggs, maybe more. I do let her free range around for a couple of days and she lays them all over the place probably. I hear her clucking and then I’ll go see where she is at and no egg. She probably has a secret hiding place. That I don’t know about.

Oh, that’s what you meant. Yes, she is eating and drinking. Yes, she is getting a X-Ray for her leg tomorrow morning. She is not a very good egg layer. Last year, she laid around 10-15 eggs, maybe more. I do let her free range around for a couple of days and she lays them all over the place probably. I hear her clucking and then I’ll go see where she is at and no egg. She probably has a secret hiding place. That I don’t know about.
I'm glad you will be seeing the vet. Let us know what you find out.

Ask your vet about internal laying. Has she laid anything that looked odd? I'm thinking there's a possibility of salpingitis. Has she had dirty butt feathers? Diarrhea? Is her crop full at night, and empty by morning (you'd have to feel in morning before she's offered access to food or water to know for sure)?

Ok, no she hasnt laid anything out of the ordinary. She acts normal. It’s just her leg. I’m starting to get worried again. I just hope it will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom