Raerest breed

Pics
I'm looking to see who here has the rarest birds or who knows what the rarest chicken is
Thanx for any info u can give me
Check out www.livestockconservancy.org. That'll give you a good idea of what's rare, what's threatened and what's critically endangered. There are also lots of small village-based breeds all over the world. That's where the Russian Orloff and the Swedish Flower Hens started, not so long ago. I'm sure there are lots of distinct breeds out there that are so rare they don't even make it onto the conservation radar.

Nothing that greenfire farms has is all that rare. Might have been before they got a hold of it, but definitely not after. My guess would be real honest to goodness Old English Game Standard Fowl. Probably a hundred and fifty Ayam Cemani in this country for every single Standard OEG. Strains of American Game are pretty rare too. You don't see any koopman's blue toppies on your local Craigslist.

Nothing that greenfire farms has is all that rare. Might have been before they got a hold of it, but definitely not after. My guess would be real honest to goodness Old English Game Standard Fowl. Probably a hundred and fifty Ayam Cemani in this country for every single Standard OEG. Strains of American Game are pretty rare too. You don't see any koopman's blue toppies on your local Craigslist.
Your right about Modern Games - the "real McCoy" is really hard to find! So are Redcaps and the true old Spanish White Faces. The Spanish were bred for bigger, fancier white faces for so long that they got really weak, genetically. Now it's hard to find them at all, let alone a healthy strain. It's a shame, too, 'cause they're gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom