Rainbow bridge: My Rabbit pixie

coolguy221822

Songster
6 Years
Apr 7, 2015
My rabbit pixie just died today. She is in a better place now and will not have to suffer anymore. When I came outside to put the ducks away, I noticed that pixie was not looking so good. She was not responding to sound ether. I touched her and she did not move but was breathing. I rushed to get her feed and water because I thought she might of been dehydrated since we live in Florida. I put the food down and she inched towards it, the collapsed. She was still breathing but shallow. Over the course of 3 - 4 hours, her breathing kept getting worse and worse. I really wanted to take her to the vet and put her out of her misery but I don't have enough money and my vet dose not do bunnies. At 9:54 PM, she died. She is in a better place now. I still cant figure out the cause of her death, but I think it was old age. She was 7.
R.I.P. Pixie 2008-2015, You will be missed

I am so sorry.
sad.png
One of my favorite rabbits died from the heat just this past summer. Hope you will be able to get a new rabbit or something.

I'm sorry you lost your rabbit. For an unaltered doe, 7 years is a good, long life. Animals are really good at hiding health problems until they get serious. Rabbits often seem fine and then go down suddenly; it sounds like she didn't suffer for long.

Back
Top Bottom